[3830] NAQP CW WA7LNW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa7lnw@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WA7LNW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 03:12:17 +0000
North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: WA7LNW
Operator(s): WA7LNW
Station: WA7LNW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Utah
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Remote Operation

  160:    0     0
   80:  372    55
   40:   80    36
   20:  252    59
   15:  222    41
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  926   191  Total Score = 176,866

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Team: Arizona Outlaws - Diamondbacks

Comments:

Multiple surprises during contest.
1. BY4K surprised me with a rather strong signal on 15 meters.
2. XK150YUKON surprised me with this uniquely long call sign. VY1AAA Team is
celebrating Canada's 150th Birthday through March 2017.

Attempted to keep my CW speed at 30-32 WPM and pay closer attention to my
hourly rate.  Spent most of my time simply running stations. I am sure
"UT" attracted many of pile-ups.

Unfortunately, lightning punched a hidden hole somewhere in 250 ft. length of
coax feeding my 160 antenna and both winter weather and work schedule prevented
me from making needed repairs. Knew this would impact my final score, but none
the less, I still enjoyed operating a full 10 hrs and just focusing my full
attention on those sometimes surprising NAQP CW exchanges.

Station: TS-480, HEX Beam @ 72 ft, HF-2V 40 meters, 80 Meter Sloper which is
working great!

73's de Jack WA7LNW