[3830] NAQP SSB VA7BEC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB VA7BEC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 18:41:00 +0000
North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: VA7BEC
Operator(s): VA7BEC
Station: VA7BEC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:
   40:   42    26
   20:  277    47
   15:  108
   10:
-------------------
Total:  427   100  Total Score = 42,700

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Haven't participated in NAQP for several years but I decided to give it a try
for a couple of reasons, the most important one being that I needed to get an
idea of what I might be facing during the British Columbia QSO Party, which
takes place very soon -- Feb 4!
CONDX was bad from this neck of the woods, with 10m and 80m impossible. Nothing
heard but noise. I did try running, because you never know if you don't try,
right? Alas, it was futile. 20m was my go-to band. 15m was OK until about
2030z. The low bands were a real struggle, with 80m a complete blank. Didn't
even attempt 160m. Happily, 40m produced a few new mults. TU!!
Names were hard to pick out of the noise. Tom, Don, John and Ron -- and there
were a lot of you! -- can sound very similar, so when OPs spelled out their
names phonetically, it was a help.
I set unrealistic goals of 400 Qs and 100 mults, but somehow I managed to
achieve both targets. I guess the old adage is true -- perseverence pays off.
And with that in mind, I will persevere as the sponsor station VA7ODX in the
upcoming BCQP. I'm hoping, too, that if antennas are pointing toward BC,
signals will come through better than during NAQP.
For anyone who likes QSO parties and enjoys collecting wallpaper for the
shack,do consider participating in BCQP 2017. It coincides with several
state-side events, including QSO parties MNQP and VTQP as well as 10-10 Winter
and NA Sprint (CW), so if you're on the air anyway, do listen for VE7/VA7s.
We'll be taking calls from everyone near and far. Details at
bcqp[at]orcadxcc[dot]org.
Hope to hear you.
73
Rebecca VA7BEC