[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K1HTV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF K1HTV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 01:47:02 +0000

Equipment:
6M: K3, KW SSPA,
2M: K3, KXV144, 4CX250 x1 PA
432: IC706MKII-G, 4CX250 x 2 PA

Antennas:
6M: 7el LFA @ 77ft
2M: FO12 @ 82ft
70cM: FO25 @ 88ft

Soapbox : Wasn't very active in this contest. Only operated for around 5 hours
Saturday and another 3 hours starting Sunday at 21Z.

Best 6M DX to the north was K1TOL in FN44, K4EK in FM03 to the south and W8IF
in EM79 to the west.

On 2M only made it up to FN31 to the north and K4LY in EM85 to the south.

On 432, worked up to FN31 and a pair of VE3's in FN03.

Conditions seemed about as dismal as they usually are for January VHF contests.
Next January I think I will focus on the serious addition of the new MSK144 mode
for scatter QSOs on 6M & 2M.

73,
Rich - K1HTV