[3830] CQ160 CW VE9AA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VE9AA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 22:18:01 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 3:34

Total:  QSOs = 327  State/Prov = 47  Countries = 21  Total Score = 115,124

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

1 hour + 1 hour + 45 minutes + 45 minutes (give or take) over the course of the
weekend.  Missed the last 1/2 hour, but the band was loaded with EU from one
end to the other.  Only worked 2, both before my SS, but a few the night
before

Heard VE9ML and VE9CB so at least NB was well represented.  Andy, VE9DX was not
heard, but he may have been on when I wasn't.

A few good runs. QRN at a minimum.

The score is a far cry from a couple of my mid 1990's efforts closing in 20
& 21 yrs ago at nearly half a mil.  Maybe I am just lazy.  I think I
could've done well in this one, given what I heard during my brief forays onto
the ultralows this weekend.

KH6DX was probably my best DX to the west, and perhaps UA7K and couple others
to the east. ZF9CW was like a local.

LZ5R called me so many times, but would never give his report.  Same for P33W.
Clicking on cluster spots I s'pose.

A lot of fun this one, but in recent years, have a hard time getting revved up
for it.  No idea why.

Nice to say hello to old and new friends alike.  I hope the extra 1.3 seconds
saying your name (if I knew it) was not detrimental to your scores !
 - - - - -
Antenna
160m = Wire 2-el array of inverted L’s in the trees (Comtek w/ homebrew
controller)

No RX antennas
Rigs: 2 x IC-7410’s, YCCC SO2R+ box, N3ZN ZN-9 paddle, Yamaha CM500 headset,
N1MM+ logger

about 600watts today

CU (all of  sudden) in the next one!

dit dit