[3830] CQ160 CW OT6M Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW OT6M Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 22:30:30 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: OT6M
Operator(s): ON9CC PA5MW PC5A
Station: OT6M

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: JO20ws
Operating Time (hrs): 36

Total:  QSOs = 1302  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 79  Total Score = 942,276

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

After a complete rebuild of the shack (we completely refurbisched the ground
floor of our house which included an enlarging of the shack :)), this was the
first contest with the new setup. Not much changed for previous contest
regarding the station setup, except we added a RAS 8x2 RX antenna switchbox
with which we at this moment only switched between the K9AY and the 4
reversible beverages.

First night the conditions toward NA were bad. Also we couldn't use the K9AY as
it wasn't producing any signal. We fixed that during daytime on Saturday and it
worked OK for the rest of the contest. The switchbox on the antenna itself
seems to be the culprit. Luckily we had another for backup and after replacing
the coax first, the box was quickly replaced.

Second night was a lot better with in total 156 W's and 13 VE's worked. We
heard ND and CA but weren't able to work 'em. Also missing DC, ID, MT, OR, UT,
WA and WY. 5 Canadian states wkd: NB,NF,ON,PE,QC. But on Saturday night nothing
from the far-East / VK.

Then on Sunday evening, we were able to work 1 JA and YB but again nothing from
HS, VK, etc.

We noticed that there still are a lot of OM's NOT using a skimmer cluster, as
after 2 manual spots (1x thanks K5ZO!) we got a small pile-up with rates over
200.

Station:
TRX: IC7800 and Orion (interlocked)
PA:  ACOM2000

Antennas:
TX: 18m Spiderpole vertical
RX: K9AY, 4x reversible beverages (200m-300m long), NVIS

Anyway, it was fun again and thanks to the backing expertise of Aurelio, there
was no shortage of calorie multipliers :)

Thanks all for working us and thanks to the team for setting a new personal
CQ160CW QSO and point record.

73
Frank
ON9CC