[3830] CQ160 CW KU8E Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku8ejeff@mediacombb.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KU8E Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 23:01:37 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 19:00

Total:  QSOs = 800  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 39  Total Score = 208,416

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

K3-100 / KPA500 ~ 600 watts
Inverted L with 8 elevated radials

Spent a little more time than I usually do in a 160 contest. I always feel like
I have a handicap running only 600 watts, so I usually don't do the 160 contests
FT. It's very frustrating to hear tons of EU stations that cannot hear me when I
call them. I could have easily had about 50 more QSO's and more EU multipliers
if I could have worked all the stations I heard. You really need to run the
full legal limit to be heard consistently over there. The majority of EU I
worked was at my sunset or at the EU sunrise.

I added 4 more elevated radials (have 8 now) to my inverted L this fall and I
really think it works better than it did with only 4 radials. Had some
fantastic rate the first night but it was slower on Saturday night/ Sunday
morning. The EU opening was also better for me the 2nd night. The west coast of
the US was also very strong both nights. Tons of W6/7 stations in my log.

See you in the next one. I will going up to W9SN's station in TN with WW4LL and
K4BAI for ARRL DX CW.

Jeff KU8E