[3830] CQ160 CW W1DYJ Single Op Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W1DYJ Single Op Assisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 01:47:55 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: ME - Harpswell
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 74  State/Prov = 25  Countries = 3  Total Score = 5,600

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This is the best I've ever done in the CQ160CW!
   (It's also the first time I've entered it...)

I do not have a 160M Antenna.
   I load up my 6M yagi, fed with 70' of coax, going from my
   shack out through the wall, through a Polyphaser, up one
   story, over a roof, around a corner to a 2nd floor deck,
   up an 18' mast to my 3 el InnovAntenna 6M yagi. At 1830
   it has a 2.5:1 SWR.  I can hear better than I am heard.
Can anyone tell me how this works??? (I have my theories.)

Rig: TS-590S
100% S&P
Logger: N3FJP's CQ WW 160 Contest Log Version 4.3

Operated some Friday evening, late Saturday after a concert
at Bowdoin college, and the last 1.5 hours Sunday afternoon.
(This last period increased my Qs by 17%.)

It was fun, and my meager CW skills are a bit less meager.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ