[3830] CQ160 CW N3HEE Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, galicic@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N3HEE Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 02:14:31 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N3HEE
Operator(s): N3HEE
Station: N3HEE

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 23

Total:  QSOs = 820  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 34  Total Score = 197,561

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Was not able to hear or work much EU DX the first night.  Second night had much
better opening to EU and was able to get my mult count up. I did this at the
expense of making more local Q's. I worked a pile of west coast stations the
second night.  Missed NE, AK, LB, NT, NU, and YT.  This year is the first time
using K9AY four direction loop which made a HUGE difference in what I could
hear.  Probably need to work on TX antenna antenna to squeeze out a couple more
db of signal strength.  I easily surpassed my goal of beating last years score
and country count.  I'm pretty happy with how my station plays on 160 for all
of the antenna limitations I have. Not much more I can do on my quarter acre
lot.  Lots of fun watching live scores on CQ Contest web site.  Kept me
motivated to spend a few extra hours in the chair. K3/1000 and Inverted L on
top of a K2AV folded counterpoise.