[3830] CQ160 CW LZ5R(@LZ1KFM) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, krassy@milarasmt.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW LZ5R(@LZ1KFM) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 07:54:31 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: LZ5R
Operator(s): K1LZ LZ1YQ LZ1UK LZ1NK LZ3ND LZ4AE LZ1AQ LZ3CB LZ1JZLZ1CNN S55M
LZ5ZMLZ1INI LZ1RGT
Station: LZ1KFM

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Plovdiv
Operating Time (hrs): 35.5

Total:  QSOs = 1360  State/Prov = 21  Countries = 84  Total Score = 804,090

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

KARAMBA to our friend Jeff-VY2ZM!

This contest was celebration of friendship. I flew from USA one week before the
contest, but the organization started one month before.
The main purpose was to test all kind of recieving antennas. The station was
set up nr. Plovdiv on estate {Sinyata Voda)which has 48 acres of property. Adi
S55M prepared all the stuff for 8 circle RX verticals (tnx to W8JI and W5ZN
& N4IS). Angel LZ4AE prepared RX-TX switching and beverage transformers.
Cavdar LZ1AQ prepared small non resonant loops with preamplifiers.
So we had all kind of RX antennas to compare in between.
Chris-LZ1YQ and magnific team of people installed the full size quarter
wavelength antenna with 32 radials (measured impedance was 38 ohms).
Inside the shack we had IC7800 and IC781 with Acom 2000 amp.
We were ready several days before the contest and we started testing. Three
days before the contest we worked some 118 JA's and 50 NA stations up to MO. We
were pretty satisfied with results and hoped that conditions will stay in the
same shape during the contest. Traditionally LZ has no chance to compete with
western Europe towards NA but it is pretty good towards Asia.
The score shows, that we confirmed predictions.
The most important thing wasn't the contest, but to meet old friends during the
weekend.
Saturday at lunch time, we had about 40 friends gathered around the table, two
baked pigs, 4 big fishes and plenty of rocket fuel around us.
This was the real contest and we won that one with excellent result!
Abt the contest:
NA stations who dominate the band were again VY2ZM followed by K1LZ, K3ZM,W1UE
and W2GD. It was interesting to compare the signals during different times.
W1UE was still here at 9:30 local time. The competition between VY2ZM and K3ZM
was not always in favor of Jeff. Sometimes Peter was stronger. W2GD was
consistent and K1LZ (operated by K3JO) also.
For me operating from Europe, after so many years compeeting from US is a
different experience. Not to offend anyone, but EU is as some kind of ZOO. NA
stations don't behave like that.Anyway it was lots of fun!
Thanks to all of you for contacts and CU from 6Y5LZ Jamaica in SSB leg of
contest.

73's
Krassy K1LZ on behalf of LZ5R team