[3830] CQ160 CW N4XD Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ron.e.spencer@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N4XD Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 13:58:23 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD K4HA W2XL
Station: N4XD

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1159  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 57  Total Score = 469,890

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters and DXers

Comments:

Congrats to N1LN and K2AV for excellent scores.

Friday evening conditions to EU seemed well down. Participation also seemed a
bit down. However, Saturday evening started out surprisingly good. At about
2300Z the band seemed to open wide to EU. Many, many callers. But that seemed
to end about an hour later. Still good EU conditions but not as good as
earlier.

Overall, as usual, a fun contest.

Some random notes. Thank you to W6MZ who showed GREAT patience as it took me a
long time to get his call right.

Several stations that were spotted but we never heard: TF3SG, ZM4T, A35W,
KL7SB. Never heard nor saw NE spotted. Also never heard and stations from
Japan. Sorry to have missed all these mults.

I'd say the band was mostly void of clicky stations which was great to hear.
Its nice that more and more stations are choosing radios that have excellent
specs and its also nice that several manufacturers are understanding that we,
the ham radio community, are demanding higher performance radios. I'd say
Tentec started this with the Orion and Elecraft extended this with the K3 and
K3S. Thank you to both companies!

Equipment used:
K3
Alpha 91b
several beverages and a HiZ receive 4 sq
N1MM+ (what excellent software!!)Thank you to the crew that continues to make
this, in my opinion, the premier contesting software. And its all FREE!!

Ron
N4XD