[3830] CQ160 CW K0DI(@N2CEI) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2cei@downeastmicrowave.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K0DI(@N2CEI) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 20:30:32 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K0DI
Operator(s): WJ9B N2CEI K4SME
Station: N2CEI

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 35

Total:  QSOs = 1483  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 70  Total Score = 688,473

Club:

Comments:

We are happy that this contest is a 2 night event! The conditions went from
dismal the first night  to one of the better times on the second.
First night.
Some good points were:
We completed WAS (but no DC section) after working KL7 at 10:24 Sat morning.
Last QSO was at 14:23 for #903. Had one JA and one ZL in the log. We also had
49 DX mults. 25 of them were from SA, AS, OC, and NA. Great Turn out in SA and
NA!  All great signals! Also had a fair # of Five pointers
AND  Strong State Side Signals from all over!!

Some of the not so good points were:
Out of the 49 DX mults, only 24 were EU/AF. AND--- only 52 10 pointers logged
of which only 32 were from EU/AF.  That was the first nights disappointment!
We missed many QSO's with the rapid QSB leaving us with
"incompletes". It was the worst we have seen here in NFL.  S5 signals
diving into the noise in the exchange or only partial call signs received when
calling. Had to piece allot together.

BUT-- as it goes on this band, there always the next Sunset!

2ND night.
We started early, 20:30 UTC working stateside and then at  22:53, OT6M was
logged and the EU flood gate opened. Finished with 208 more TEN pointers for a
total of 260. Also had more FIVE pointers than normal for the contest at 98.
It was a great way to finish for us here in Live Oak FL.

BUT-- no mater what, its always fun. A great Band and a great Contest to play
in! AND-- great people to play with! So thanks to all that worked us, and to
those we may have missed, very sorry if the wicked QSB got you!  See you all in
the SSB version as N2CEI if the spring storms leave us alone.

EQUIPMENT:  K3's, Homebrew 4-400's amp (built in the early 90's by Dave and I)
1/4 Wave mono pole with 120 1/4 W+ radials. Multi  Beverage and BOG for RX.