[3830] CQ160 CW VA3KAI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VA3KAI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 21:47:02 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VA3KAI
Operator(s): VA3KAI
Station: VA3KAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 345  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 13  Total Score = 105,525

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Rig : Knwd TS2000 @ 100W
      HamGadgets MasterKeyer MK-1 e/w keyboard & paddle

Antennas : - 270' OCFD (N-S) up 42' (inverted-vee)
           - 130' Inverted-L up 38'V (sloped to 12')
           (Seven temporary extension cord ground radials 30' to 100'
            running 180deg E-N-W).

Soapbox : Raised sloped end of my inv-L from 6' to 15' and oriented to NNW. It

          worked almost as well as my 270' OCFD (maybe 1 S-unit down) with no
          apparent gain in DX low angle! Need to get MUCH better 80M/160M
          vertical with minimum 16 ground radials @ 67' long.  I need to try
          a 66' vertical wire; 80M trap; and some top cap-T loading wires!
          Made 95% of my contacts using OCFD as it was quieter for listening.
          Basically, I can hear better than I can transmit!

          Conditions decent both evenings and early mornings - I packed it in
          around 2:00/2:30 AM both days missing several more heard mults but
          too big a pile-ups for my 100w signal and poor antennas!

          Worked 90% S&P and 10% of time on trying to hold a frequency
where
          I was often bumped by some bigger, more powerful station on or very
          close to my calling frequency; although, I did have 7-8 new mults
          work me. Regardless, of the frustrations, I have a great time!