[3830] CQ160 CW ON7EH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW ON7EH Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 08:23:14 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: ON7EH
Operator(s): ON7EH
Station: ON7EH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Machelen
Operating Time (hrs): 29.5

Total:  QSOs = 975  State/Prov = 23  Countries = 60  Total Score = 434,000

Club: NBT Grimbergen

Comments:

Our score is up 38% compared to last year mainly due to the excellent EU
activity, Sunday morning NA band conditions and increased operating time.

The single hours spent, the week before the contest, after QRL and before
sunset, on the farmer's field, to add a 3d short non-terminated Beverage with a
new hb remote matrix switch, paid off. Stations from the north EU were now more
easily copied.

Given the wall of EU of active stations, spanning up to 1880's,
S&P-operation nearly equaled RUN-ing here.

Propagation to the East & Asia was rather non-existent here.
(JA, A4, etc. were heard loud enough but working them is another matter)

I am very happy with ZF9, KP2, P4, PJ2, XE2 and KY7M.
They do prove DX-working with LP and a modest Tx-setup to be "challenging
but feasible" with sufficient persistence and good ears!

Setup:
-TRX: K3/100 + outboard BPF
-Rx-ant: 3 non-terminated Beverages (0°, 60°, 110°) + plenty of CM-choking
-Tx-ant: inv L at 15m sloping downto 11m (subject for improvement)
-N1MM+ logger

Thanks to all for the activity this weekend!

Michel, ON7EH