[3830] NA Sprint CW NA6O HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW NA6O HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2017 04:10:48 +0000
NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: NA6O
Operator(s): NA6O
Station: NA6O

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Livermore, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   46
   40:   80
   20:   49
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: Northern California Contest Club #3

Comments:

TS-590s, KPA500, verticals, dipoles at 15 ft, N1MM+

20 was not my friend, difficult copy, but then that's not all that unusual
here. Went to 40 and, right on schedule, the failing street light next to my
house kicked on and promptly started generating its S9 QRM an all bands, for a
freakin' HOUR. Switched to my low-noise receiving loop, then took the time to
carefully aim it to null the noise, which was better, but still could only copy
strong stations. 80 turned into a real panic during the last hour. I was a fly
on the windshield there. Worked exactly one VE in the whole contest. Strange.
Overall score lower than last year by a little, which is not surprising
considering all the above mayhem. Better luck next time.