[3830] NA Sprint CW K8MR QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K8MR QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2017 04:49:22 +0000
NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   37
   40:   73
   20:   43
---------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: NCC MRRC FRIENDS SOUTH

Comments:

For the past three years K5KG has hosted this snowbird for the February Sprint,
but this year George had out of town visitors so his QTH was not available. So
I decided to try a QRP effort from my favorite waterfront park at the south end
of Sarasota Bay. K3 at 5 watts with a 43 foot vertical at the edge of the water;
the feedpoint was about 30 feet out, in about a foot of water at high tide when
I set up, wet sand when I took things down.

Good signals and low noise, but QRP gets beat in any jump ball and gets few
answers to CQs. Heard but did not work ME, KY, NE, ID, and HI. Nothing heard
from often active places like AL,AR,UT,and NV. VE3 and 5 the only Canadians.
And I thought KE3X was now required to stay at home to put DC on the air :-)

73 - Jim  K8MR