[3830] MnQP W0BH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MnQP W0BH Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2017 16:47:47 +0000
Minnesota QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 5.6

  160:
   80:      2        0
   40:     91        6
   20:      1        0
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total:     94        6  Mults = 65  Total Score = 13,000

Club:

Comments:

It's always fun to work the MNQP and get the QSO Party season off to a good
start.  I knew I wouldn't be able to go full time this year, but I brought my
paperwork into the shack and chased mobiles at the same time.

I especially appreciate mobiles coming down to 40m, since 20m was long the
entire day.  I managed to eke out one 20m QSO with K0RC (good ears!), but it
was a challenge. I kept listening to 20m spots and heard lots of action, but
never loud enough to work. I decided to encourage them to come to 40m by
spotting almost every mobile I worked in a new county unless someone spotted
them first. We'll see if that helped when I read the mobile posts.

Thanks to all the MN stations for being out there!  Here's my mobile list from
Kansas over my 5.6 hours of operation. 40m was in the entire time and I'm sure
it got even better after I went QRT to work on an outdoor project.

15 K0PC
14 N0IJ
09 W0ZQ N0UR
08 K0LD
05 KE0TT
03 NR0T
02 N0EO

W0ZQ/m wins the consistently loudest signal into Kansas award, and K0PC/m was
the easiest to find since he was able to hold down 7043 (and 14043 according to
the spots) for most of the party. John/N0IJ, you and a fixed MNQP station were
on almost same frequency although I didn't notice it when I called the fixed
station. You both came back which is why I called you again after I told you
about the problem and you moved down.

Thanks to the MWA for another fun one. See you all next year and I hope in the
Kansas QSO Party the last weekend in August!

73, Bob, w0bh