[3830] RTTY WPX KB1RI SOAB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX KB1RI SOAB(TS) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 01:19:50 +0000
CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KB1RI
Operator(s): KB1RI
Station: KB1RI

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: Cary, NC
Operating Time (hrs): 22:45

------------
   80:  187
   40:  250
   20:  131
   15:   42
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

First time operating in this and had a good time.  40M and 80M were really
hopping for me.  Decided to go try 15M this afternoon and worked may way back
to 40M.  Things were going pretty well until I messed up an antenna switch
change that created quite the surprise when a capacitor overheated and exploded
in my auto tuner. Oops!  Luckily the damage appears to be limited to just a
single cap.

Things to work on for next time.  Get my 15/20M loops up higher. Had a hard
time establishing any good runs on 20M.  Get on 15M at more optimal times,
though not sure conditions were all that great there. I've got to get more
efficient with my S&P.  Maybe next time we'll try SO2R for this contest.

73 - Till next time
Eric