[3830] RTTY WPX KR1ST SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alex@kr1st.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX KR1ST SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 03:17:40 +0000
CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NEPA
Operating Time (hrs): 27

------------
   80:  216
   40:  228
   20:  228
   15:   52
   10:    1
------------

Club:

Comments:

Rig: IC-7300
Pwr: 100W
Ant: two 132ft doublets (DXE, with DXE baluns) at 50 feet
Tnr: MFJ-993B
Swr: N1MM+

Conditions on the higher bands were downright lousy. There were some nice
openings to EU on 80 and 40 meters on both days. The ice storm we got on the
second day required me to retune the antennas every few minutes. At one point I
had to dig through snow and ice to reach the feedlines in order to shake the ice
off, so that the antennas wouldn't become too heavy for the trees and the wires
itself. I see a move back down South in the future!

I'm very impressed with this little IC-7300 rig. For FSK RTTY you do not need
any special hardware, just an available USB port on your computer. Everything
is so well thought out, and it chugs along without complaint, no matter the
abuse you impart on it. It becomes your little buddy in your shack. I can't
wait to try its bigger brother, the IC-7610.

Let's do this again some time soon.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
FN21fk