[3830] RTTY WPX WQ6X(@NX6T) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX WQ6X(@NX6T) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 08:19:39 +0000
CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 31
Remote Operation

------------
   80:  114
   40:  352
   20:  303
   15:  272
   10:    2
------------
Total: 1043  Prefixes = 331  Total Score = 641,478

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was a last minute remote operation from NX6T's "NashVille" QTH in
Fallbrook, Ca.  I ran an Elecraft K3 into an ACOM 2000a amplifier dialed back to
550 watts for continuous operation.  Antennas included: a 3-el Stepp-IR,
2-elements on 40 and an Inverted Vee for 80; all at 13Mh.
N1MM+ provided superior logging assistance, as did the remote operation
software.  Overall, internet latency was NoT a problem; most people probably
never figured I was running remote.
While the SFI was low, so was the noise level in Fallbrook.
Because I was running remote I chose to RUN frequencies 99% of the time.
What amazed me this year was how many stations would work me and then
immediately call CQ on my run frequency.  Or, they would hear me work a station
and then immediately call the station I just worked, oblivious to the fact that
it was MY run frequency.
Another concern is that 14.100 (the NCDXF beacon frequency) was JAMMED with
stations.  What? You didn't know 14.100 was a beacon frequency?  WAKE UP
folks!
I was amazed by the number Canadian CF & CG callsigns; there seemed more
than actual VE & VA calls.
Overall, I was disappointed by the lack of unusual weird prefixes, altho there
were are a lot of unique 2x1 style calls.
This RTTY contest was certainly a LoT of fun.
Is WQ6X in your log?
Read the writeup about this contest soon in the WQ6X contest BLOG:
http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com