[3830] RTTY WPX M7C(M5RIC) SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, r.bro84@googlemail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX M7C(M5RIC) SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 12:41:39 +0000
CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: M7C
Operator(s): M5RIC
Station: G8DX

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 29.5

------------
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

My first proper attempt at this contest and with poorer conditions on the high
bands I thought 20m would be best. The band started to open from about 6am but
properly from 7 then was pretty full right through until it closed about 9pm
both nights. Filters are essential but on this occasion not that many dirty
signals which was a change.

2 Nice openings to JA/Asia both mornings but on the Sunday it seemed to last a
lot longer with callers from Asia well past mid afternoon which was always a
surprise. A few calls from the pacific but really the majority from NA/EU. I
think I can count on both hands calls from Africa, very little activity apart
from the usual EA8/CT9 etc.

Installed a receive loop for the contest and although not as useful on the high
bands, it was worth it on many occasions when the beam simple didn't pick out
calls. Something to improve on for next time.

Some mixed operating and just a few frequency fights but some right idiotic
behaviour from some areas. I think it's a case of spin the dial and hit F1 for
some of them!

A new technique seems to have born too, don't bother sending your call, just
send your exchange straight away with your call at the end. Is this becoming an
accepted way of calling someone or just quite a few people making mistakes by
pressing the wrong F key??

My target was the current G record and having not done RTTY in a contest for a
few years I was not sure how hard it would be but it was passed by 8am on
Sunday meaning I could create quite a lead for the next person to challenge
it.

A huge thanks to G8DX and his partner Laura for hosting me for the weekend,
food and drink supplied so I could carry on operating and keeping the rate
going was much appreciated. Jack has a great station and thanks to him for
letting me operate.

Congrats to ED1A, we were chasing each other most of the weekend and were equal
but he got away on Sunday afternoon and I couldn't catch up!

K3 + Amp
N1MM Logger, Microham MKII
4 Ele @ 65ft

73