[3830] PACC N8II SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] PACC N8II SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 19:09:15 +0000
Dutch PACC Contest

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:    0      0      0
   80:   21      1      9
   40:   17      1     11
   20:   22     15     17
   15:   37     57     22
   10:    0      0      0
---------------------------
Total:   97     74     59  Total Score = 10,089

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My time was limited, but 20 was very frustrating. Dutch stations were almost all
beaming east to work EU and very difficult to work until around 1630Z when they
more or less all disappeared to run EU on 40. If I had started at 12Z vs. start
at 1334Z, I doubt if I would have worked more than 15 additional Q's. As it was,
15 was just opening to PA at 1330Z and 15M saved the day as Dutch stations were
beaming to stateside. 15M activity was limited, but I was able to run quite a
few on SSB up until 1545Z and CW activity seemed at least as good on 15 or even
better than last year. 40 opened to EU early and I missed most of the best hour
(22Z) preparing and eating dinner with the XYL. 40 faded quite a bit by 2330Z;
80 was in good shape, but activity was limited and a couple of very Q5 stations
could not hear my LP. I was too tired to work the 05-06Z sunrise period, last
QSO
was 01Z and 80M signals (only band open) were fading.

Thanks for the QSO's; the operators were very good except for not looking
towards NA.

73, Jeff