[3830] ARRLDX CW V3M M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0mu@w0mu.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW V3M M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 00:16:18 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: V3M
Operator(s): V31MU V31AA
Station: V3M

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Belize
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160:   29     22
   80:  325     51
   40:  607     56
   20:  884     58
   15:  732     58
   10:   76     17
-------------------
Total: 2653   7950  Total Score = 2,082,900

Club:

Comments:

Rough start.  K3 would not xmit or rcv when taken out of the carry on case.
Spent lots of time trying to fix it.  Found a damaged Z3 board, removed and we
had output.  Still no receive.  Found that the 2nd receiver worked fine using
the Aux RF input.  This required us to install additional receiving antennas.
The KX3 made a few contacts but it was pretty tough with 10-15 watts.

We decided to run M2 just for fun.  We should have picked MS.

K3, KX3
Hex Beam, 40/80/160 dipole
pennant rcv antenna and a 20/15/10 dipole for receive

Curiously the pennant worked as well if not better than the dipole for receive.
 The pennant worked very well.

We did this vacation style and didn't stay up much either night and went out to
dinner with the neighbors and that took much longer than expected!  Diversions
to see a crocodile etc.

10m was open but too few people checked it.

Skimmer is where it is at.  Consistent callers when spotted regularly, more
difficult when not spotted.  Too many people worked us and never spotted us
especially on 10!  Thanks to those that did, they were much appreciated.

QSLs to W0MU

Thanks for the fun.