[3830] ARRLDX CW K7NV(@K0RF) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K7NV@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K7NV(@K0RF) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 05:16:48 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K7NV
Operator(s): K7NV
Station: K0RF

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): Enough
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:  854   122
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  854   122  Total Score = 312,198

Club:

Comments:

I had great time coming out again to K0RF and spending a week with friends and
getting to sit in front of radios again!
In our minds, this was going to be just another shakedown cruise, but a serious
one, for the new station, but we wanted it to be more fun than the last time,
with a better result......

So, Chuck & I decide to run two operating positions (on 80 & 40
meters), as single op two station guys (this is different than simple SO2R) to
be able to test the entire setup and performance of each station's two
operating positions (as it would be in a serious M/? with two guys at each
station) effort in real time. So, that required two of everything for each of
us to drive for the weekend......yes, that's two keyboards, keys, mice,
monitors, radios, amps, not to mention managing multiple antennas for the
station, etc..... I haven't had this much fun with my clothes on in decades,
what a hoot!

We had come up with some new ideas and built some new gizmos for these
stations. And, they needed to put to the 'Test ;-)

Geo, W0UA, ran the more conventional SO2R station on 20M, but was adversely
affected by doing so in this M/M environment, with all the interference etc.
that has not yet been fully sorted out yet. I thought he did a great job with
my 40M harmonics and crap chasing him whenever I was on....think we're still
friends ;-)

Chuck's & My scores for this won't place anywhere, but we worked real hard
to build what we had, and learned a lot from what we intentionally did......

Thanks to everyone for the qso's and fun, I thought everyone was pretty well
behaved this time...? ;-)
73, Kurt, K7NV