[3830] ARRLDX CW K3WJV SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K3WJV SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 05:58:16 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 38
Radios: SO2R

  160:   50    36
   80:  262    83
   40:  518    98
   20:  884   102
   15:  235    73
   10:   12     8
-------------------
Total: 1961   400  Total Score = 2,353,200

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Finally broke 400 mults.  10 & 160 totals offset from last year even tho
same antennas but I think I've worked harder at mults.  SO2R is the new kid on
the block but I'm really not full so2r due to lacking enough antennas.  I'm
only so2r with 40mtrs on the 2nd radio. After this weekend I can see me
revamping the stn layout but the main area of improvement this summer will be
antennas.

The new rx system is a good thing but needs additions & improvements. A
noteworthy observation was that the rx & tx ants were very close to
identical this weekend. There were times I thought the K3 wasn't really
switching the rx ant in but I confirmed it was. I didn't have score goals but
its a shame I didn't know I only needed a little more run time to break 2000
Q's.

I wish the phone weekend was a month away (or longer, hi) but I need to force
myself to run and make a decent showing. The stn played pretty good except for
short comings on 10 mtrs. I guess this time of the cycle a hexbeam at 24ft
isn't exactly too high. Had a ball, some great runs, and am looking forward to
next year. Worked a ton of 5 watt guys on multiple bands (also several below
50wts). Guess I won't see much of that in 2 weeks, hi.

stn 1   FT1000MP & Alpha 89
40mtr inv v    40mtr sloper    @55ft
Palstar HF-AUTO to add 15&20

stn 2   K3/P3 & Acom 2000A
2el K4KIO Hexbeam-6 bands @24ft    Green Heron controller with G-450A rotor
3 band two legged fan inv vee broadside N/S @ 55ft  40-80-trapped 160

Rx ant - pair of 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbogs with DXE ncc-2

SO2R >> TopTen Dx Doubler    Band Aides    A/B relays

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger