[3830] ARRLDX CW ZM4T(@ZL3IO) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW ZM4T(@ZL3IO) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 08:32:09 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: ZM4T
Operator(s): DL1SVA ZL2IFB ZL4YL ZL4YY ZL3IO
Station: ZL3IO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Kiwi-DX-Lodge
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:
   80:  167    48
   40:  774    59
   20:  377    51
   15:  939    58
   10:   99    17
-------------------
Total: 2356   233  Total Score = 1,644,747

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

That was a very relaxed contest with operators coming and going. No one was here
full time but we had the station online for at least 40 hours. Conditions to EU
must have been good as we struggled to get runs from down here. That is
typically a sign that for good opening to Europe. The low bands here were quite
noisy (QRN) probably related to thunder storms in the Tasman sea. Our 160 m
antenna was deaf as a stone. I guess the strong rain the days before and during
the contest caused the coax (installed temporarily) to soak water.

We were happy to welcome some new operators with Yannick (ZL4YY/XV4Y) and also
Ralph - DL1SVA who travels New Zealand in the moment and timed his stop over
here for the local Art-Deco Festival in Napier (perfect YL program) which
incidentally collides with the ARRL DX CW.

Thanks for the many QSO's and Xenia - ZL4YL and I hope to meet many of you
again  in two weeks.

73 Holger

K3 + KPA500

80 - 4square