[3830] ARRLDX CW N2SR SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N2SR SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 12:19:30 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N2SR
Operator(s): N2SR
Station: N2SR

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SNJ
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   35    35
   80:   78    66
   40:  682    98
   20:  973   107
   15:  639    96
   10:   16    15
-------------------
Total: 2423   417  Total Score = 3,031,173

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

As always, thanks for the Q's, and thanks for everyone's patience with me.

Surprised at how well I was getting out on 160, since I currently have a very
compromised antenna for the band.

About an hour in, I started having ARC Faults messages from the Acom 2000A.
Initially thought it was a problem with the amp, because I would intermittently
have a 20 dB attenuator on receive.  Then thought it might be a relay at the
base of the tower (I was on 40 at the time).  But then it was happening on all
bands.  Decided to switch to an Alpha 91B, which took about 20 minutes to pull
out of the closet and set up.  Even with the 91B, I could see the reverse power
LED's spike ever so briefly at times.  Not good.  Went to bed, then realized
that it could be a bad jumper.  Saturday morning, I pulled the Alpha off the
top of the Acom, reconnected everything, sans power meter, and had no issues
with the Acom for the rest of the contest.  Whew!

73, Tom, N2SR