[3830] ARRLDX CW V3T(@V31TP) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, robert.k5pi@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW V3T(@V31TP) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 14:59:51 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: V3T
Operator(s): K5PI WC0T WW0G N0JBF
Station: V31TP

Class: M/S LP
QTH: San Ignacio, Belize
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  281    52
   80:  705    58
   40: 1072    60
   20: 1400    61
   15: 1433    61
   10:  143    27
-------------------
Total: 5034   619  Total Score = 4,807,011

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

John (WC0W/V31TP) and I (K5PI/V31AT) did our Field Day style operation again
this year with Leigh (WC0T) and three friends.  We operate from San Ignacio,
near the Guatemalan border, with an A3S, and wires for 40, 80, and 160.  Thanks
to first timer Richard N0JF, his XYL Conda, and second timer Steve WW0G, we had
everything up in record time.  We also put up a pennant receiving antenna, but
didn’t use it that much.

It was a lot more like Field Day this year, when we learned that we’d have to
operate on generator power for a few hours while the city power system was down
for maintenance.  Sure enough, everything went dark at 6 AM �" in the
middle of a QSO.    We tried to get the generator started, but no luck.
Fortunately, the hotel maintenance chief showed up and we were back up and
running in just a few minutes.

One K3 misbehaved a bit, so we were happy to have a second one.  Otherwise,
everything went smoothly �" except for the occasional fat finger on N1MM
or the radio.

Friday night was horrible on 160, but we managed to grind out a few QSO.
Saturday night was MUCH better, and we ran up the best multiplier total we’ve
ever had.

We kept checking 10M all day Saturday, but we heard nothing.  Sunday, we made a
handful of contacts in the morning, but then the band opened nicely around lunch
time. We worked up and down both coasts, but never got an opening into W4, W8,
or W9.

Thanks to Dan, Miriam, and everyone at the Cahal Pech resort.