[3830] ARRLDX CW A93JA(KE5JA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW A93JA(KE5JA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 16:26:25 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: A93JA
Operator(s): KE5JA
Station: A93JA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Bahrain
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:    3     3
   40:  201    32
   20:   15    10
   15:  105    24
   10:
-------------------
Total:  324    69  Total Score = 67,068

Club:

Comments:

I had planned to work the entire contest and had a vacation day approved for
Sunday, but then I had to cancel on Thursday as I had to work Sunday.  Weekends
here in the Middle East are Friday/Saturday.  Therefore, considering when I had
any propagation to USA, I could only work 9 hours in the contest from A9.

80 was tough as I could not break the European wall to call CQ or call other
stations.  I was thinking 15 would be dead, but it turned out OK.  20 was in
poor shape.  40M was excellent, especially Sat night early Sunday morning for
me.  I usually leave at 3:45AM to drive to Jubail, Saudi Arabia for work, but I
left 30 minutes later, as late as I could.  I was still working many on 40 and
then literally shut off the radio, ran out the door, and drove to Saudi.

Glad I was able to give the stations I worked the A9 multiplier.  After working
all day Sunday in Saudi Arabia, I got on the air from my 7Z1JA Jubail station
and worked several hundred stations on 20.  Wow, totally opposite for me on 20
from the previous day in Bahrain.

I'll be leaving this summer, so this is my last ARRL DX CW from Bahrain.