[3830] ARRLDX CW 7Z1JA(KE5JA) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW 7Z1JA(KE5JA) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 16:42:46 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: 7Z1JA
Operator(s): KE5JA
Station: 7Z1JA

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Jubail
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  182    40
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  182    40  Total Score = 21,840

Club:

Comments:

I had planned to work the entire contest from my A93JA station in Bahrain, but I
found out several days before that I had to work Sunday.  Weekends
here in the Middle East are Friday/Saturday.  Therefore, after driving to
Jubail from Bahrain early Sunday morning and then working all day, I worked 20
meters from 7Z1JA when I got home until the band died.

20m was in very poor shape for me the previous day in Bahrain.  But on Sunday
from 7Z1JA, it was in great shape and stayed open longer than it has for me in
months.  I think I was the only Saudi Arabia station on 20, so I'm glad I could
give many stations the multiplier.  And for many of those stations, I gave them
the A9 multiplier the day before.

This is the second year in a row I operated this contest the first day from
A93JA and then the second day after work from 7Z1JA.  Pretty cool, but I'll be
leaving this summer, so this is my last ARRL DX CW from Saudi Arabia.