[3830] ARRLDX CW OT6M M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OT6M M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 23:52:53 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OT6M
Operator(s): PA5MW PC5A ON9CC
Station: OT6M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JO20ws
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  105     29
   80:  182     38
   40:  708     53
   20:  492     57
   15:  294     43
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1781   5343  Total Score = 1,175,460

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

The contest was real fun again ... our main goal here at the White Horse
Contesters :)

Normal conditions on 160m towards the east part of the country (until the line
WI-TX). Unfortunately we didn't have any sunrise peak opening on 160m to the
West Coast. So missing several multi's there. Luckily the farmer didn't need
the field yet, so we were able to use the 18m vertical and the beverages.

The 80m dipole works but is certainly not optimal for TX and that is high on
our priority list to improve (add a 1/4 lambda vertical to the antenna
collection).

We finally did what we never were able to achieve at PI4TUE: use a good antenna
for 40m :). This was the first contest with our new 40m beam (2el Optibeam).
Although not at full height (only ~18m) the beam outperformed my expectations.

And unfortunately 10m didn't open at all so no 6 banders in the log.

We again noticed that there still are a lot of OM's NOT using a skimmer
cluster, as after several manual spots we got small pile-ups.

Station:
TRX: IC7800 and Orion (interlocked)
PA: ACOM2000

Antennas:
TRX: 18m Spiderpole vertical for 160m, 80m dipole, OB2-40, OB11-3, 3
el.SteppIR
RX: K9AY, 300m beverages @ 315°, NVIS

C U in the ARRL SSB in 2 weeks!

73