[3830] ARRLDX CW NB1N SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sandortoth_2000@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NB1N SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 00:36:44 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NB1N
Operator(s): NB1N
Station: NB1N

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:   31    22
   80:  184    67
   40:  602    80
   20:  775    93
   15:  120    46
   10:    8     7
-------------------
Total: 1720   315  Total Score = 1,625,400

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

First time putting in a semi serious effort on a two day contest, had plans to
operate as many hours as I can.  I even skipped out on volunteer work... I
know, I feel bad about that, :-(

The early mornings and the afternoons into the night was great, had really good
runs.

During the day, however, things were slowing down due to limitations in my high
band antennas (all wire), where directionality and some gain could have made the
difference in continuing with the momentum.  That fact alone was a big hit to my
motivation.

Online scoreboard was definitely a motivational factor for me to stay BIC.  It
was funny to see how we were trading places on the live scoreboard, mostly
falling behind ;-)

Need to get an antenna switch so I don't have to walk around the house in order
to change bands.

K3
Amp ~500 Watts
No Antenna Tuner