[3830] ARRLDX CW N1LN SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bemeier@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N1LN SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 10:08:47 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:   10    10
   80:  100    43
   40:  100    25
   20:  100    29
   15:  100    49
   10:    9     4
-------------------
Total:  419   160  Total Score = 201,120

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

With two Duke basketball games, a dead rotor that needed to be removed on my 40
meter tower, some work demands and more, my on the air time was seriously
limited. With that mandatory time reduction in front of me I decided to do
something different.  The amps were left off and I ran 100w.  Fortunately the
bands were in pretty good shape.  I was able to run on 15, 20 and 40 with no
issues except for the occasional loss of frequency to a strong EU station, but
that was expected.  About equal run and SP times spent on 80 to get to the 100
QSO target. But 10 and 160 were all SP. My night time operation was again time
limited, so perhaps 160 did not get a fair chance for trying to run. Even with
my short on the air time I have a new appreciation for the low power
challenges. I might try LP again next time but put with a more serious effort.

Thanks for the Qs and fun.

73,
Bruce N1LN