[3830] ARRLDX CW K9GY SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K9GY SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 12:58:00 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: EN61fn
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   71    47
   40:   57    46
   20:   52    40
   15:   45    30
   10:   13    11
-------------------
Total:  238   174  Total Score = 124,236

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Initially was going with a 80m single band effort even though there is no
SOLP(A)-80m category. Figured evening operating worked better with my schedule
etc. Then the contest bug bit me and I wondered to the other bands, HAH! Glad
to work 47 countries on 80m...trying to get 80m DXCC to complete 5 band DXCC.
Hope the LoTW QSLs are uploaded! Had some QRM from XYL and cat.

This is the first contest season with Cushcraft R9 so it's nice to have 80m
available...especially with this stage of solar cycle! Was frightening to hear
20m dead about 02z on Day 2.

This contest was the contest of dits! I goofed AH2R as A52R (wishful thinking
on my part!). Some people missed the dit at the end of G to get K9MY instead of
K9GY. To top it off IL is full of dits which get lost with 100w and a vertical
on low bands....argh! In addition, I got dropped from telnet cluster more than
I liked!

Ok when's the next contest?! CQ CONTEST!

Best of health to all,
Eric

D A Y T O N !