[3830] CQ160 SSB W4KW Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4KW@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W4KW Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 18:11:08 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W4KW
Operator(s): W4KW
Station: W4KW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Tennessee
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 546  State/Prov = 64  Countries = 10  Total Score = 78,720

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Well this year's contest certainly started off with multiple "Bangs"
to say the least.I don't know which club "ZEUS" is a member of, but
he certainly dominated the first eight hours here in Northern Middle
Tennessee.I endured through all of this, with hopes of a better remainder of
the contest.
I took a short nap around 06:00 Z to rest my ears and head.
I was surprised that around 08:00 Z the noise subsided and we had some pretty
good conditions to the west.
Saturday evening and Sunday morning was a different story with fairly good
conditions. I had hoped to make a clean sweep of the states but Nevada eluded
me.
 I was pleasantly surprised to be called from Bonaire, the Virgin Islands,
Puerto Rico, Mexico and others.
Glad to hear and work so many TCG Folks including K0EJ, KS4X, K4DZR, AA4NU and
others. TCG was well represented, as usual. Glad to work Rick (WO4O) from his
Florida QTH.
Nice to chat with Dick (N4ARO) and reminisce about John (W4SK) and my trip to
Don Jones' (N4TN) now a sk, when we helped rebuild his tower and antenna
system.
A terrible start turned into a pretty good contest weekend, overall.
A little better than last year, at least.
Thanks to All for the contacts, patience, help and comments during the
contest.
73's,
Bert
W4KW