[3830] CQ160 SSB W7XU Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7xu@w7xu.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W7XU Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 00:07:15 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W7XU
Operator(s): W7XU
Station: W7XU

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: South Dakota
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 235  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 4  Total Score = 31,262

Club:

Comments:

I hadn't planned on spending the weekend contesting -- I only wanted to see if I
could work a few stations on 160m SSB while running 5 watts. I went to bed the
first night after only working 25 stations, but happened to wake up early
Saturday morning (1000 UTC or so), found the band to be less noisy than it had
been earlier and decided to make a more serious effort for the rest of the
weekend.

As the contest progressed, I set a goal of working all lower 48 states but
missed neighboring Nebraska. I heard several stations on from there, but we
were all searching and pouncing and I never managed to hook up with one.

I also heard DC doing S&P, but missed working them as well.

Thanks to everyone who managed to dig my signal out of the noise and for
hanging in there to work me.

Rig: K3S and P3
Antenna: Full-size 1/4-wave vertical