[3830] NCQP W1WBB SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCQP W1WBB SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 16:45:44 +0000
North Carolina QSO Party

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   34
   40:   59
   20:    6
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   99     0       0  Mults = 49  Total Score = 14,803

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Missed first 2+ hrs... made first 3 Q's on 20m, then only 3 more contacts on 14
mHz CW for rest of the event -- band was typically 'long' to NC from here on
20m, yet in 2016 made three times the QSOs there compared to this year.

Low bands were great though, with none of the severe storm noise experienced
the previous 24 hrs during SCQP.  Superb sigs on 80m late, including the
mobiles (8 contacts with them on 80m in last 75 mins!).  The QRQ frenzy for
K5CM/m in rare VANce during final few minutes was awesome [I never broke the
pileup for QSO #100/mult #50 ;^(  ].

Mobiles worked: K5CM (10), K3TD (9), N4CW (9); Exped. stn AA4XX (3) -- great
job all!

Worked 5 of 6 bonus stns -- missed GRM cty.  A few less QSOs overall with
increased op time compared to last year.  Maybe I should have tried CQing
more??

Thanks to all ops/organizers for a FB Carolina QP weekend!

Icom IC-706MKIIG plus MFJ-929 Autotuner; Hexbeam @ 32' on 20m, 88' doublet up
40+' (broadside to Carolinas) and 132' low OCF dipole for 40m/80m; N1MM+ Logger
with K1EL WinKeyer USB CW interface.

73, Bill  W1WBB