[3830] CQ160 SSB W5PR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W5PR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 23:02:55 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W5PR
Operator(s): W5PR
Station: W5PR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 806  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 35  Total Score = 205,160

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Conditions were odd.  First night had huge static crashes. Similar to
propagation on 6 meters where you work 3 or 4 stations in one grid, then 3 or 4
in a widely separated grid. Only worked one EU the first night. Conditions
seemed better to the west. Worked a KH6 and a UA0.
Second night was way better to EU with 43 more, but nothing to the west. Never
heard KL7 even though KL3ZJ emailed after the contest saying he had called me
and others in mainland US, but no QSOs with his 100w signal.  I thought about
this and feel he might have been calling before EU sunrise when most who have
receiving arrays would be listening NE for multiplier-rich EU contacts. I try
to flip back and forth as much as possible. I tuned around very little (never
got kicked off a freq for a change except when I ran afoul, afowl? of the
drunken pig farmer net on 1865) and never got ZL, VK, KL7 or any of the other
Pacific stations. All my SA contacts were on the first night.  I don't know if
there was no propagation the second night or if I just didn't turn down that
way enough. Special thanks to Jorge, CW5W who made me one of the 4 contacts he
was able to make.
Missed DC, VO1, VO2, VE9, VY1 and NU.
Used E and W 1/4 wave slopers for transmit. SAL-30 for receive. Icom ProIII and
Alpha 99.

           160   Total      %

    NA     752     752    93.3
    SA       7       7     0.9
    EU      44      44     5.5
    OC       1       1     0.1
    AS       1       1     0.1
    AF       1       1     0.1

           160   Total

    6Y       1       1
    8P       1       1
    9A       1       1
    C6       1       1
    CT       1       1
    CX       1       1
    DL      11      11
    E7       1       1
    EA       5       5
   EA6       1       1
   EA8       1       1
    EI       1       1
     F       4       4
    FG       1       1
     G       5       5
    HA       1       1
    HB       2       2
    HC       1       1
    HI       1       1
     I       3       3
     K     690     690
   KH6       1       1
   KP2       2       2
   KP4       1       1
    LU       1       1
    OM       1       1
    ON       3       3
    PA       2       2
   PJ4       1       1
    S5       1       1
    SP       1       1
    TI       2       2
   UA9       1       1
    VE      39      39
    XE      12      12
    YV       3       3
    ZF       1       1

Thanks for the QSOs. Sorry for the many stations calling that I couldn't hear.

Chuck W5PR