[3830] ARRLDX SSB N1CC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N1CC SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 00:12:36 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:    4     4
   80:   42    29
   40:   64    34
   20:  178    53
   15:   88    39
   10:   68    21
-------------------
Total:  444   180  Total Score = 238,140

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Station: Elecraft K3/100 @ 100W.  F12 C-3 @64', 80/40 Fan dipole @50', 160M
Inverted L with 8 64' elevated radials. WriteLog V12.13B.  Once again WriteLog
may not have scored correctly.  There are 445 good contacts in the Cabrillo
file, and when you add up all of the information in the contest report, one
contact is missing. (Cabrillo uploaded 445 good contacts to ARRL Engine.)

Conditions: Not Good!  Still did pretty good with two decent SA openings on 10
Meters and some good SA and a smattering of EU on 15 Meters there was hope.

Made more contacts then last year in unlimited mode. Overall 160, 80, and 40
were much better than the past several years.  20M was down slightly, and of
course 15 and 10M were hard hit.  68% of all contacts were NA and SA.  EU and
AF made up another 21% and the balance were AS, OC.  Nice run on Saturday
afternoon to JA, the only run possible for me this year, and it ended when W9RE
jumped on my pileup and stole it.  So much for respect. I did try to run two
other short runs and overall time running less than an hour.  (During that hour
51 non-DX stations tried to work me, and to get rid of them "worked
them" and did not log them, they are true "NIL".

The worst signal overall for DX was HI3K who exceeded 10 kHz with splatter, no
matter how strong he was the whole weekend.  Cleanest DX signal goes to ZF2MJ.
Considerable jamming to many stations noted.  There were a number of blackouts
of short duration.  Severe weather here took better par of Satuday and some of
Sunday, and conditions best Friday evening and Saturday morning.  Sunday very
flat.

As I have been saying too many US stations have not had the benefit of an
"Elmer" given the way they keep calling when DX asks for
"station with a XX" and they don't have even ONE of the letters in
their call.  Elmers need to get to work and teach people respect and how to
operate please!  73, Jim