[3830] ARRLDX SSB K5KG M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, georgek5kg@aol.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K5KG M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 00:22:28 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG K8MR
Station: K5KG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:   36    25
   80:  107    55
   40:  311    84
   20:  558    94
   15:  218    61
   10:  126    22
-------------------
Total: 1356   341  Total Score = 1,376,958

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This was a one radio multi-single operation by K5KG and K8MR.  Since this was a
last-minute plan to do this as a m/s, we did not take the time to set up a mult
radio.

K8MR took the day shift, and K5KG took the night.  Conditions, as we all know,
were not terrific, but at least they were equally poor for all. Our QTH on salt
water helped, as always.

The poor audio quality and splatter of some stations was especially disturbing.
 It seemed to be most prevalent on 10m and 15m from some stations south of the
border. I occasionally asked a few stations to reduce their mic gain and, when
they obliged, it seemed to correct the problem, but not totally.  The
prevalence of this problem seems like it could be fixed.

Station
K3/P3 + Acom 2000A
2X yagi at 60ft
2el 40 at 75 ft.