[3830] ARRLDX SSB W4LT SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4lt@ij.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W4LT SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 02:17:36 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4LT
Operator(s): W4LT
Station: W4LT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    0     0
   80:   21    18
   40:   57    38
   20:  244    61
   15:   95    35
   10:   87    15
-------------------
Total:  504   167  Total Score = 243,987

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Rig: K3/P3/KAT/KPA -- TS590s (for 10 meters)
Antennas: A3s @ 40ft - 2 Half Waves in Phase 40m @ 38ft - MonoGAP40 @ 6 inches
- MyAntennas EFWA "M" for 80m at 45ft in the trees

Soapbox: Conditions not so good.  Local power company is half way towards
fixing my powerline QRM issue. Earlier in the week I had S9+10 Buzzing
EVERYWHERE from DC to Light; Now its only S7.  Power company promises that the
work will be completed by next week. Their work shows me I need to work on my
local wall wart QRM issues!

10 hours or so worked between house chores and the usual family stuff.  This is
last contest with station version 3.0 -- Work begins on station Version 4.0 for
debut during Florida QSO party.  Stay tuned!

Not many opportunities to run, but did find some on 20m Sunday.  Low bands were
simply horrible for me with the powerline QRM. Did OK on 20 and surprisingly
well on 15 and 10.  Biggest surprise was being called by a VK4 long path while
working EU on 20 at sunset Saturday.  PJ2T LOUD everywhere, as was P47Y and FCG
friend HP1XT from his Panama Condo station.

I wish folks would pay better attention to their audio quality.  Some ops were
almost unintelligible!  Starting to like CW better due to this.

Best 73 -- Lu - W4LT