[3830] ARRLDX SSB K9CT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craig@thompsonet.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K9CT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 03:39:53 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9QQ K9ZO K2PO WT2P K9CT KB9OWD
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   45    30
   80:  168    66
   40:  420    88
   20: 1147   109
   15:  267    63
   10:  132    26
-------------------
Total: 2179   382  Total Score = 2,416,914

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This was a tough one from the beginning to the end. Propagation just was not
favorable and we had many weak signals and skewed paths. Sometimes we could
hear signals very clearly and then they would be gone into the noise. We tried
very hard to make as many QSOs and multipliers as possible.

We had a very good team with one special guest from Oregon, Bill, K2PO.
Everyone did a great job and worked as a team the entire time. Again we had
great food and drink. The conversation was often and enjoyable. Weather was
very nice and we made a few trips outside to get the kinks out and relax.

N1MM and W6WB teams posted their M/2 scores real time on the CQ Contest
website. It as a blast competing in real time with them We really appreciate
them doing this as it kept us in our seats and focused. Nothing like seeing the
horse race real time to add to the enjoyment of the competition. I encourage
others to do this...you will be surprised as to how much fun this adds to the
contest. We even exchanged an email or two with N1MM and had a few chuckles.

We used all FlexRadio gear. It was one year ago that we switched and have not
looked back.

See you in WPX Phone!

Thanks for the QSOs and fun.

73, Craig K9CT