[3830] ARRLDX CW PS2T(PY2ZEA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, py2zea@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW PS2T(PY2ZEA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 14:13:08 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: PS2T
Operator(s): PY2ZEA
Station: PS2T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Araraquara SP
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:    1     1
   80:  139    42
   40:  562    55
   20:  790    57
   15:  996    57
   10:  819    57
-------------------
Total: 3307   269  Total Score = 2,634,048

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

PS2T is usually operated in one of the multi-categories by its regular team of
5-6 Brazilian members, often completed by a foreign Star.

During the ARRL-CW-2017 weekend, all of the regular ops had life commitments
other than radio. So, the Old Man was left alone to keep PS2T going in this
important contest.

After 50 years of serious contesting, I decided to now make a semi-serious
effort, which would be more appropriate for the Old Man. This included sleeping
for 4-5 hours both days, decent lunches and dinners with some red wine, and a
15-30 min. break every 2-3 hours for a walk and some gymnastics.

I am grateful to my host Atilano, PY5EG, and his team for this opportunity.
The station worked fine without any technical problems. The only problem was a
thunderstorm with some lightning; I had to disconnect the antennas for 2-3
hours.

The RIG: K3S + amp, 1 kW
Antennas:
 10:  7 el at 65 ft