[3830] ARRLDX SSB KP3Z(NP4Z) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KP3Z(NP4Z) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 01:57:03 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KP3Z
Operator(s): NP4Z
Station: NP4Z

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Los Chachos Villa
Operating Time (hrs): 41
Radios: SO2R

  160:  170    37
   80:  511    54
   40: 1265    58
   20: 1420    59
   15: 1706    58
   10:  173    34
-------------------
Total: 5245   300  Total Score = 4,714,200

Club: Los Chachos contest

Comments:

A fun contest even with no ten meters. It was a low band race and the 4SQ on 80
and the 2 el 160 vert. doing their jobs. 10 meters showed some activity and the
lower mono was receiving stuff that the high one wasnt detecting.

I used the w2IHY audio equalizer setup including his new Iboxes for both radios
and achieved a quality and punch that Ive never had before.. thanks Julius!

After my TTT experience in CW tried another fun exchange and even as I
considered using 00, I was strongly advised  against doing so by my friends due
to the impact  on rate by repeats and explanations. Well decided to use 59 73...
It was much better received and lots of people said . neat, great, cool.. etc,
others decided to explain to me how the contest works in which we have to give
a power level not give the signal and end it.... I knew it would create these
situations but its part of the fun!

Thanks for the many Qso's and for all the operators in the USA that decided to
sit down and struggle with the bad propagation.. cheers!!

Gracias,

Felipe
NP4Z

Setup: