[3830] ARRLDX SSB TI5M M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 2017arrlti5m@w4bw.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB TI5M M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 01:15:11 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: TI5M
Operator(s): TI2KAC TI2LCO TI4ZM W4BW W4KTR W4XO
Station: TI5M

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Costa Rica
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  116    31
   80:  753    55
   40: 1257    57
   20: 2640    59
   15: 1268    54
   10:  534    40
-------------------
Total: 6568   296  Total Score = 5,832,384

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

We always look forward to gathering our group of Costa Rican and US friends
together to operate this contest and this year was another great event.  We
were saddened that our Team Mates TI2JCY and K4UN were unable to join us this
year but we hope they are both back for next year's effort!

We had our usual pre-contest effort to repair wind damaged yagi's and put up
our low band wires, and in spite of 15-20 mph winds with gusts to 35-40 mph we
managed to get it all done.  Needless to say the tower work in the wind was
stimulating!

Our results were down somewhat from previous years but we did get decent 10m
openings both Sat & Sun that were certainly most appreciated!  As always
noise sources in the homes and businesses that surround our location caused
issues for our low band receiving, but we still managed to work some stations.
160m RX is always a big challenge for us and based on past experience at this
location we felt fairly good about our result.

Thanks as always to TI2JCY for the use of his QTH and thanks to everyone we
worked for the QSO’s.  We certainly look forward to gathering our group again
next year for this event!

Bob �" W4BW/TI5