[3830] TBDC K2AV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K2AV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 19:28:19 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: K2AV
Operator(s): K2AV
Station: K2AV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

Total:  QSOs = 231  Total Score = 753

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Was going to hit this one hard, remembering the excellent 2016 spring session.
Our apartment dwellers (great niece and her husband) had their first baby on
Thursday, coming home on Saturday. All kinds of inbound relatives, some staying
here several nights in out spare bedrooms. Total wack-out weekend. So just got
in a few slices, and missing a lot of the important 23Z to 05Z stretch.

Did not get to do the RX antenna upgrade due to problems with the well. Well
aware that if that dragged on, the water to the aforementioned apartment might
be an issue when the baby came home.

But fun in any event. Abject apologies to those I just couldn't manage to copy.
Next time.....

Setup: K3 + 8410, Inverted L over FCP. RX antenna phased loops on ground never
the same after I had to move the inverted L over the top of it. New 13 kV power
line out at the service road put an end to creek location for the L.

Finally have decided where and what to do about RX antennas, so will be working
on that for next time.