[3830] Commonwealth ZM2B(ZL2BR) Open-24 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 2bfrank@orcon.net.nz
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth ZM2B(ZL2BR) Open-24 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 05:20:38 +0000
RSGB Commonwealth Contest

Call: ZM2B
Operator(s): ZL2BR
Station: ZL2BR

Class: Open-24 HP
QTH: Taranaki
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
   80:   42
   40:  111
   20:   65
   15:   20
   10:
------------
Total:  238  Total Score = 4,050

Club:

Comments:

Extremely poor propagation, plus a severe rain storm with lots of lightning and
long periods of rain static on all bands on all antennas equated to a contest
that I didn't really enjoy.

Signals from beyond the Oceania region seemed to be much weaker than is usual
in this contest.  The usual and expected LF/HF short path opening to UK  didn't
happen, the long path opening towards the end of the contest was much better.

Worked 50 G stations, my lowest number since 1987. VE's were also scarce, just
two 20m contacts. Stations not worked - anyone in Cyprus or Gibraltar, 9G5X and
the rest of Africa. Re the Caribbean, only ZF2CA  and V3 are in my log, 8P9IF
isn't. 3B8/G3TXF was a struggle via long path, but made it into my log a couple
of times. Unexpected but welcome contacts included H40FN and VK8DX.

Rig: IC-7600, AL80B, 800w, C3SS yagi, 40m GP @ 6m, 80m dipole

73, Frank