[3830] Commonwealth GW80CC(GW0ETF) Open-24 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth GW80CC(GW0ETF) Open-24 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 09:17:56 +0000
RSGB Commonwealth Contest

Call: GW80CC
Operator(s): GW0ETF
Station: GW80CC

Class: Open-24 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:  154
   40:  134
   20:  124
   15:   13
   10:
------------
Total:  425  Total Score = 5,300

Club:

Comments:

For me the poor high band conditions were more than offset by 80/40 both of
which produced lots of dx as well as hordes of UK stations due to my HQ status
this year; around grey line on Sunday morning produced a nice clutch of ZL/VK
on both these bands. My brain was still in standard Beru mode though and
working loads of Gs on 40m during Saturday at esp levels on the vertical was a
real struggle with lots of repeats, I really should have put up a low dipole
for the UK.

Best consistent signal here was Iain at 9G5X - one time I found him at S6/7 on
an otherwise completely dead 15m. Not surprised to work Nigel at 3B8/G3TXF on
all open bands as happens every year wherever he may turn up. Other dx 4
banders were 9G5X, C4I, VE9CB, VY2GQ and ZF2CA. Missed E51 but nice to be
called by the likes of 9J2BO, VP8NO and V51YJ.

K3 and Acom 1000
80m dipole at 45ft; 40/15m 33ft vertical; 20m inv-V dipole at 10m; (10m
temporary dipole never used)
Re-jigging antennas here so between this and the manual Acom it was
difficult/impossible to do quick band QSYs - apologies to those that asked.

Thanks for all the Qs. Running the special HQ station was great fun...