[3830] TBDC K8CC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8cc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC K8CC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 09:08:50 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: K8CC
Operator(s): K8CC
Station: K8CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN82 (MI)
Operating Time (hrs): 1

Total:  QSOs = 43  Total Score = 294

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Big wind storm (60 MPH) came thru Detroit area on the Wednesday before the
contest, knocking down trees and power lines, leaving 800,000 homes without
electricity including the K8CC QTH.  It was hard to get my head into the
contest after tending a generator for three days and nights in order to have
electricity.

First got on around 0620Z Saturday night  The band was noisy while rx on my tx
vertical; a constant S9 on the 500 Hz filter in my FT-1000D.  I was surprised
to hear only a couple of stations calling CQ, as I moved up the band S&P.
I stopped on 1821.5 and started calling CQ with my 100W & shunt-fed
vertical and had a nice flow of stations, at least for a little while.  Condx
seemed OK; there just weren't many people on. Answers to my CQs stopped after
45 minutes, and searching with the sub-rcvr failed to find anybody calling CQ,
so I went QRT at 0720Z.

DX worked: G3OLB, NP2X

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs.

73, Dave/K8CC