[3830] VaQP K1HTV SOAB/MixedFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1htv@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] VaQP K1HTV SOAB/MixedFixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 01:06:56 +0000
Virginia QSO Party

Call: K1HTV
Operator(s): K1HTV
Station: K1HTV

Class: SOAB/MixedFixed LP
QTH: CUL, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:    4      9      0
   80:   32    174      0
   40:   46     31     11
   20:   79     58     28
   15:   13     25      0
   10:   10     22      0
    6:    9     29      0
    2:    1    128      0
  UHF:    1     62      0
----------------------------
Total:  195    538     39  Mults = 151  Total Score = 223,631

Club: Fauquier Amateur Radio Association

Comments:

What a difference a year makes.  This year I made two dozen fewer QSOs and 42
fewer mults, 33 fewer DX countries and 9 fewer VA counties.

With the SFI hovering around 70, Ten Meters was dead, 15M conditions were
pretty dismal. Managed to work only one European (I) and few SA stations. In
the 2016 VQP 40 Meters was great for working VA counties incorporated cities. I
made twice as many Q's on 40M last year as 80M. This year it was reversed,
making twice as many Q's on 80M as on 40M. 80M was king! Managed to work 46 DX
countries (vs 60 last year), 32 States (43 last year) and 4 VE provinces
(BC,NB,NS & ON).

My most interesting QSOs occurred when I worked W4KKN, in Nokesville, VA on
both CW & Phone modes on all bands from 160M through 70cM. The interesting
part was that AC8Y was operating the station remotely from Bahrain!

Now that the VA QSO Party is over it means that Spring is here. It soon will be
time to till and plant the garden, then get the station ready for the upcoming 6
Meter Es DX season.

73,
Rich - K1HTV