[3830] Rus DX F6GOX SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX F6GOX SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 21:59:08 +0000
Russian DX Contest

Call: F6GOX
Operator(s): F6GOX
Station: F6GOX

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: France
Operating Time (hrs): 19:13

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  573    810       75        72
   15:
   10:
Total:  573    810       75        72  Total Score = 1,208,193

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

he RDXC contest was very pleasant to participate in the mix mode Phone and CW.

Thank you to all those who called and allowed me to achieve this good score.

What was not planned at the beginning was to participate so long and to have
such a good ionospheric propagation. This allowed me to beat the 2013 French
record in the SOSB-20-HP class. And even though I was using only one station,
non-assisted, with only one receiver and one antenna!

Indeed, I had my antenna and its coaxial cable to repair and spring work to be
done in the garden this weekend. The sunny and warm friday (22 ° C) allowed me
to repair antenna and cable. But I only thought of participating in the RDXC
only in the 20 meter band and until my sunset, around 19z, to give points.

Saturday morning, one hour before the start of the contest, I contact a station
of SAKHALINE and several of JAPAN. The ionospheric propoagation is at the
rendez-vous! What happiness! I would contact many stations from the Russian Far
East and on the other side, in the afternoon and more than four hours after my
sunset, a pile-up of stations from the West Coast, even one from Hawaii and
Guam! The signals were extremely strong, so I qso with many QRPs and mobile
stations ...

On Sunday morning, the ionospheric propagation will open towards 4z, and still
a good one.

In the final, 1383 qso, 75 DX and 72 Oblasts for 1,208,193 points.

I significantly improved the previous record of France which was held in 2013
by F6KNB with 757,440 points.

So next year, I will have to be in assisted mode to bring me closer to the two
million points of leaders ...

Best 73 and see you soon for the next contest.

Laurent F6GOX